- What is TREC?
TREC stands for Trail Race Endurance Circuit and is the brainchild of Kyle Knosp the owner of Badlands Off Road Park. TREC allows the average everyday blue collar guy/gal to live their dream as a race car driver.
- What classes are there? How do they differ?
There are 8 classes and they are as follows:
- Class A- The largest vehicles of the classes, theses are the desert racers you see in the King Of The Hammers style races
- Class B- This class takes stock vehicles to the next with major modifications allowed but still keeping the original vehicles integrity.
- Class C- This is almost a run what you brong class with modifications involving mainly safety mods.
- UTV Light-Typically single seater, Odessey style UTV's
- UTV Stock- This class represents exactly what its name implies.
- UTV Modified- This is the start of UTV's being modified with slight modifications
- UTV-Super- Highest level in the UTV class. With these machines the sky is the limit.
- Buggy- Just as the name implies, these are our buggy style racers
- What do I need to race?
To race in TREC you need to have a vehicle that meets the requirements and the will to win!
- What does it cost to enter a TREC race?
The entry fee to race is dictated by what class your racing in. UTV's and Buggies are $50 and Class A,B,C cost $125.
- What do you get for winning?
TREC race winners receive a payout percentage of the entries based on the number of racers in thaeir class and the position they finish in. Along with the cash prize you will also receive a plaque/trophy.
- Can spectators come to a TREC race?
Of course! Invite your family and friends to watch you buzz around the course and take the checkered flag!
- Where can I find the Tech requirements and rules?